Mental Health and Wellbeing
At The Butts Primary we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We offer different levels of support:
Universal Support – To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum. For instance, developing resilience for all.
Additional support – For those who may have short-term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement.
Targeted support – For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such as wellbeing groups or personal mentors.
Our Wellbeing Team
Jo Campbell leads our Wellbeing Team and is best placed to put you in contact with the right service or support. She is supported by Elizabeth Buckwell as our Wellbeing Support for staff and pupils and one of our school's Emotional Literacy Support Assistants (ELSA). Georgie Page is another valuable member of the team and also a trained ELSA.
The team has a wealth of knowledge and can signpost you to other agencies.
British Psychology Society (BPS)-advice on dealing with school closures and talking to children about COVID-19.
MindEd-an educational resource for all adults on children and young people’s mental health